In case you ever run into a laptop like the one I did today, where you had to reload applications, the Internet activation of Office 2003 failed and you couldn’t get the phone activation information to come up. From KB article 875452:
The Microsoft Office 2003 Activation Wizard disappears when you use the telephone option to activate a Microsoft Office 2003 license.
This behavior occurs if the following conditions are true:
• You have activation information on your computer that is from a previous installation of Microsoft Office 2003.
• You activated the previous installation of Office 2003 by using the Internet.
To resolve this behavior, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type the following location:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Data
3. Click OK.
4. Right-click the opa11.dat file, and then click Delete.
5. Close the folder, and then start any Microsoft Office 2003 program to start the Office 2003 Activation Wizard.
Follow these topics: Microsoft