Michael J. McBride
To contribute to an organization’s success by using my skills to ensure that the technological needs of employees, customers and other stakeholders are met.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS______________________________________
· Possesses the knowledge and flexibility needed to serve as the one-man IT department for a 25-person office
· Ability to explain complex concepts and instructions to coworkers regardless of their technological background
· Familiarity with cutting-edge technology through both work experience and personal ventures
· Demonstrated work ethic, high level of professionalism and integrity
· Capacity to manage and prioritize multiple tasks in a high-pressure environment
· Comptia A+ certification
· Brainbench: Computer Industry Knowledge and Computer Fundamentals (Win 95/98) certifications
RELEVANT SKILLS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS________________________________
PC/Desktop Support: Troubleshooting for Compaq, HP and Digital PC’s and Mac, software support, drive replacement, RAM and processor upgrades, creation of Access database to track all internal helpdesk requests and hardware failures, preventative maintenance (patching, virus protection, software upgrades).
Network Administration: Solely responsible for administering a 30-connection Windows NT Network, troubleshooting, cabling, Ethernet, router installation, Tandberg Tape Devices, HP Network Printers, Windows NT server administration, authored and implemented network security policy, software testing, disaster recovery planning, SOHO networking, internet connection sharing, wireless access points.
Technology Management: Charged with personally training staff as well as evaluating their skill levels and making recommendations for outside training classes, purchase recommendations (hardware/software), monitoring resources to ensure appropriate use, facilitates “users’ group” for support staff personnel, started “tip of the week” program to educate end users on the use of technology.
Database Administration: Administrative functions with iMIS Membership Database, quality assurance of all records, performs biweekly uploads of membership database to website, consults with users to improve usability and data quality, report writing within iMIS and Access
Web: Self-taught HTML, some scripting, FTP, email, research skills, continued development of personal sites.
Software: Windows NT, 9x, 2000, XP, Mac OS X, Microsoft Works, MS Office, Access, various company databases, , Lotus 1,2,3, WordPerfect, Dreamweaver 3.0
1997-Current IT Specialist
1996 Research Clerk
1994-1996 Accounting Clerk II
Microsoft Certified Classes (no exams): Administering Windows NT 4.0 - October, 1998
Supporting Windows NT 4.0 Core Technologies – January 1999