I meant to write this last night, but I took Nyquil for a cold and spent the night in bed, so I never quite go around to it. 🙂
I did, finally, get the AV stuff installed on my machine as the server and the new desktop as client, pulling the definitions from my machine. It refused to see my machine as a legit AV server until I rebooted my machine, so keep that in mind if you’re ever doing one of these. I had to install directly on to the new machine, I apparently have something screwed up with the shares and permissions in XP, because when I tried to deploy from my machine to it, I got “access denied” errors. I’ll have to look a bit more into that before I roll out that machine to the user, but other than that, it’s ready to go. Then I’ll have to do the two laptops, so I do hope I find the permisions problem relatively soon and get it taken care of on all three. Once those are out the door, I should be able to deploy to all the other machines currently on the network, since I know those permissions are working ok.
But that’s for tomorrow (and probably Monday as well..). Today I am auditing that HTML class, so I may not have any ‘net access during the day.
Follow these topics: Uncategorized