This weekend, in between bouts of digging out from the snow, I decided to give Google Calendar Sync a try. I had been using Gsyncit to synchromize my Google Calendar with my Outlook, but I was interested to see if I could use this instead to synch my home Outlook calendar with Google, as well as my work Outlook calendar. Since I purchased a license for Gsyncit, home wasn’t an issue, but work kind of was.
Anyway, I downloaded Google Calendar sync, installed it and set it to do a two-way sync. It immediately created a duplicate entry of every single event on my Google and Outlook calendars. That’s right, every single event over the time period it syncs was duplicated.
Obviously, the very next thing I did was uninstall it.