Last week I needed to update an entry over on the child abuse site. Actually, I needed to add a couple of paragraph breaks to the original entry, and then add a few paragraphs of text in reply to another post. So, I opened up the entry in the admin console, and made my changes.
However, when I tried to save and publish the entry, I got a 403 error, forbidden to access mt.cgi. Since I was using the mt.cgi console to make the changes, that didn’t exactly make sense to me. Eventually I realized that I could make the changes to the entry, but not add the text, the error was being caused by something in those paragraphs that I was adding. So I did that, and then I added just some plain text. That worked. Slowly I went through each part of the update until I figured out what part was causing the error. As it turned out, it was the word “Update”. When I changed that to “Follow Up:”, the error went away.
Absolutely nothing else was any different from what I was trying to publish but that word, yet the error went away. Go figure. Maybe it’s a sign I need to upgrade to MT 4 sooner rather than later. 😉