Cheating on the Five Blogs Meme
Adrian Lurssen was “kind” enough to tag me for the Five Blogs and Five Blawgers meme. The basic idea is that you suggested five non-legal blogs, and then tag five blawgers to do the same.
I’m going to cheat a little though. After a quick review of Steve Matthews roundup of people who have already responded, I don’t know if I can come up with 5 Blawgers to tag who haven’t already done this, so I’m skipping that. 😉
Of course, my relative lack of experience in the legal blogging community hinders me there, but it’s those years of working in IT, and being part of the tech blogosphere that inspires me to share some of what I know of non-legal blogs. So, without further blathering, here you go.
In no specific order:
1. Career Opportunities – Douglas Welch has taken his weekly column about “High Tech Career Advice” and turned it into one of the best blogs, and podcasts, about managing your career that you will find anywhere. He brings a wealth of experience as a free-lance IT consultant and shares his insights into your career.
2. Download Squad – More information about available utilities and other software that will make your computing life easier than you can shake a stick at.
3. Dumb Little Man -Tips for Life – Need I say more? 🙂
4. Security Monkey – The content may be a little on the tech/geek side for some of you, but the fascinating stories will keep you coming back, and in the process you’ll find yourself picking up little bits and pieces and maybe just understanding computer forensics a little bit, which isn’t a bad thing for someone in the legal industry, is it?
5. MS Outlook for Business – You work in the legal field, you use Outlook all day, every day, you should learn more about it. This is a good place to start!
There are plenty more good ones that I could list, but the meme called for 5, so I’ll stick to that. On the other hand, maybe I should do something like this on a regular basis? After all, I didn’t even get into Photography, Sports, or Child Abuse awareness and advocacy, and I follow a few blogs in those areas too. 😉
Follow these topics: Blogging, Career, LitigationSupport, Tech